Monday 11 April 2011

Cel Animation Workshop

We had to work in pairs to produce a short (very short) animation using cel drawings. We had to think of a story and two characters, then draw it out in 36 frames.


^Start^



^Middle^


^End^

Once all the drawings were finished, we scanned them in and linked them together in Adobe After Effects to make them into a complete movie. I really enjoyed producing this movie, and I didn't think I would have, simply because it is so time consuming, but I thought the result looked more impressive than I expected. We had to make part of our animation slow down as we over anticipated some of the movements, but this could be rectified in After Effects, which was good.

I think I will choose to use cel animation for my final piece, as it was an enjoyable process and the result lends itself to the happy nature of my themes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment